Welcome to the Creative Musicianship program page. We are a 21st century music education class at Basha High School in Chandler, Arizona. Our primary focus is to make our music…our way. We explore the underlying concepts that build music and their potential applications in our community.
We strive to explore (for example):
- What is music?
- What are the characteristics of sound?
- How is sound organized into music?
- How can music be used?
- Can music enhance an existing story?
- Can music tell a story alone?
- What is my music and how can it be used?
Through our explorations and “creative play”, we intend to create relevant and meaningful music experiences for ourselves, as well as to be shared within our community. Look for a Basha Creative Sandbox near you!